Friday, March 18, 2005

Chinese Restaurants & Seating Positions

I had dinner at a Chinese restaurant the other night and it occurred to me that whenever I do so I always end up with the crap seat. This is the seat that the waiter always leans over to bring and serve dishes. Accordingly I end up with an arm or elbow in the face several times during the course of the meal. It always happens to moi! Porquoi? Porquoi?

This reminds me of another unfortunate phenomenon. I go to McDonald's and am faced with three queues of roughly equal length, so I just pick one at random. More often than not this turns out to be the slowest queue of all whether as a result of inexperienced crew or customers who take longer than they should.

Returning to Chinese restaurants ... After you have a meal at any Chinese restaurant there's this cooking smell which sticks to your clothing. This doesn't happen in other restaurants. What the heck is it? Too much msg?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home