Saturday, April 02, 2005

A Day I'd Wished I'd Stayed Indoors

Despite waking up at 5am on 1 1/2 hrs sleep and taking 3 hrs to travel to a place at the end of the train line I was in a suprisingly good mood. I walked out of the station to find a pleasant locale with a little marina and clear skies.

I was supposed to go to a meeting for 10 am in a small industrial complex that according to the map was no more than 200-300 m walk. Somehow I got lost, possibly because of my crappy 'net printed map, sleep deprivation or a combination of both. Then I began walking down this long road lined with a shopping centre car park, to the right, a few small shops to the left, but then stretching on into the distance with nothing but condiminums and seeminly no end in sight. I started to the get the feeling that I was heading down the wrong street ...

The footpath terminated on the left so I crossed the median strip to the right side of the road, stooping below some low hanging foliage. As I emerged I noticed at first a brown substance, and then a liquid-paper white streak on the right sleeve my black suit jacket. Presumably an inconsiderate avian life-form had just defecated on me. I was not amused ...

Oh and later that day I went to McDonald's. I picked the queue on the right. The guy at the till was taking a while to take down the lady's order. Then while doing so he had to go and take out an apple pie to somebody sitting down. After returning he was still taking a while with that lady's order. Meanwhile on the queue to the left, three people had been served.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home