Saturday, April 02, 2005

The Girl On The Train

I was on a train back to civilization after the previous unfortunate incident mentioned in my last post, when I noticed a young woman sorting/fiddling with/playing with/straightening (whatever - the appropriate verb escapes me) her hair which was an uncommon shade of dark auburn (can auburn be dark?). She was rather attractive, and it reminded me of the scene in that awful movie 'Indecent Proposal' (1993) where Robert Redford's character describes his ideal love as being some girl he saw on a train 30 yrs ago. In a similar vein there is apparently a best-selling novel in Japan (purportedly based on a true story) called 'Train Man'. It tells the story of this guy who saves a girl from a bunch of thugs on a train, falls in love with the damsel in distress, but loses or forgets her phone number, and spends years via the internet (where else?) trying to track her down.

Is it just me or has anyone noticed there's a real trend of putting "Girl" in titles of books, movies and albums? There's the film "Girl With a Pearl Earring", Diana Krall's album "The Girl In The Other Room", and and ... well I'm sure there's more that I just can't recall.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home